On April 15, MOST Party Chief LI Xueyong held an emergency meeting on S&T efforts to tackle Qinghai Earthquake.
Five decisions were made during the meeting:
· To monitor aftershocks, evaluate disaster losses, and prepare for potential secondary disasters through coordination between MOST and China Earthquake Administration;
· To establish MOST Leading Group on Disaster Relief;
· To collaborate closely with Qinghai Science and Technology Bureau to collect more information on the disaster, raise funding, and kick-start emergency S&T projects to provide technological support for disaster relief;
· To send the Practical Emergency Guide on Combating Earthquake and Relieving Disaster through Science and Technology (.doc) to Qinghai Science and Technology Bureau; and
· To mobilize research institutes and experts, equipped with the available advanced technologies and equipment, to participate in the relief activities.